touchEXPERT OPINIONS Can we reach our goals for seizure management in drug-resistant focal epilepsy?
Watch leading experts discuss aspects of the diagnosis and treatment of drug-resistant epilepsy, including up-to-date clinical data.
Dr Christian Brandt discusses the burden of drug-resistant epilepsy and the challenges it presents to patients and clinicians.1/3 Next Interview
Dr Manuel Toledo considers current therapeutic approaches to the treatment of drug-resistant epilepsy and the impact of new anti-epileptic drugs during the past decade.2/3 Next Interview
Prof. Louise Tyvaert reviews the importance and feasibility of seizure freedom as a treatment goal in drug-resistant epilepsy, with the latest clinical data on novel single-agent and adjunctive therapies.3/3 Leave Feedback
Learning Objectives & Overview
In this activity, three leading experts discuss aspects of the diagnosis and treatment of drug-resistant epilepsy, including the impact of persistent seizures on patients’ quality of life, the challenge of treating patients with drug-resistant disease and the latest data from clinical trials.
After watching this touchEXPERT OPINIONS, you should be better able to:
- Recognize the impact of recurrent seizures in patients with drug-resistant epilepsy
- Outline the challenges associated with current standard of care approaches in the management of patients with drug-resistant epilepsy
- Assess how emerging anti-epileptic drugs might address the unmet treatment needs in patients with drug-resistant focal epilepsy
Register to touchNEUROLOGY for FREE
- Peer-reviewed journals and expert opinions
- Interactive CME and e-learning modules
- Video conference highlights