EAN Secretary General and one of the newest additions to our European editorial board, Marianne de Visser (Amsterdam University Medical Centre, Netherlands) discusses the overarching theme of several of her presentations at EAN 2019 – neurology and palliative care.
1. What are the major unmet needs in palliative care for people with neurological diseases? (0:04)
2. What are the essential features of successful advance care planning (ACP)? (1:14)
3. What have you learned from your study in the tertiary amyotrophic lateral sclerosis centre in Amsterdam in terms of optimising ACP? (2:06)
4. What did you learn from patients with Parkinson’s disease about their desire for information on ACP? (4:05)
5. How else can we improve the palliative care of people with neurological diseases? (5:27)
Speaker disclosure: Marianne de Visser has nothing to disclose in relation to this video interview.
Filmed at the 5th Congress of the European Academy of Neurology (EAN), Oslo, Norway, June 2019.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Multiple Sclerosis
Lawrence Steinman, EAN 2021: Hot Topics in Multiple Sclerosis
It was a pleasure to meet with Lawrence Steinman (Zimmermann Professor of Neurology & Neurological Sciences, and Pediatrics, Beckman Center for Molecular Medicine, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA) to discuss some of the hot topics and research trends in the field of multiple sclerosis for 2021/22. Question: What are the hot topics and latest research […]
Lawrence Steinman EAN, 2021: Results from the Phase 3 ULTIMATE I and II Trials
It was a pleasure to meet with Lawrence Steinman (Zimmermann Professor of Neurology & Neurological Sciences, and Pediatrics, Beckman Center for Molecular Medicine, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA), to discuss the results from the Phase 3 ULTIMATE I and II trials, investigating ublituximab versus teriflunomide in relapsing multiple sclerosis. The abstract entitled: ‘Ublituximab versus teriflunomide […]
Patrick Vermersch, EAN 2021: Tolebrutinib in Patients with Progressive Multiple Sclerosis: Phase 3 PERSEUS and HERCULES Trials
It was a pleasure to meet with Patrick Vermersch (University of Lille, Lille, France) to discuss the use of tolebrutinib in patients with progressive multiple sclerosis. The abstract entitled: ‘BTK Inhibitor Tolebrutinib in Patients With Progressive MS: Design of Phase 3 PERSEUS and HERCULES Trials’ was presented at the 7th Congress of the European Academy […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchNEUROLOGYSign me up!