Alisdair Coles (University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK) shares exciting phase II findings that highlight the potential of retinoid-X receptor agonists to promote remyelination in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis. The interview focuses on his late-breaking presentation entitled: LB01.02 – Phase 2 clinical trial evidence that a retinoid-X receptor agonist promotes remyelination in people with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis. Study identifiers: EudraCT number 2014-003145-99; ISRCTN14265371.
- Why has it taken so long to develop remyelination strategies in multiple sclerosis, and what are the potential advantages of this approach compared with existing disease-modifying therapies? (0:06)
- Could you give us an overview of the retinoid-X receptor agonist and its mechanism of promoting remyelination? (0:41)
- Could you tell us a little about the phase II study you are presenting and its findings? (1:13)
- At what stage in the disease course will remyelination strategies cease to be effective? (2:00)
- What will be the next step in the clinical development of this agent? (2:26)
Disclosures: Alasdair Coles reports receiving honoraria from Sanofi prior to 2017.
Support: Interview and filming supported by Touch Medical Media.
Filmed as a highlight of the Joint ACTRIMS-ECTRIMS Meeting, MSVirtual2020.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Multiple Sclerosis
Lawrence Steinman, EAN 2021: Hot Topics in Multiple Sclerosis
It was a pleasure to meet with Lawrence Steinman (Zimmermann Professor of Neurology & Neurological Sciences, and Pediatrics, Beckman Center for Molecular Medicine, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA) to discuss some of the hot topics and research trends in the field of multiple sclerosis for 2021/22. Question: What are the hot topics and latest research […]
Lawrence Steinman EAN, 2021: Results from the Phase 3 ULTIMATE I and II Trials
It was a pleasure to meet with Lawrence Steinman (Zimmermann Professor of Neurology & Neurological Sciences, and Pediatrics, Beckman Center for Molecular Medicine, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA), to discuss the results from the Phase 3 ULTIMATE I and II trials, investigating ublituximab versus teriflunomide in relapsing multiple sclerosis. The abstract entitled: ‘Ublituximab versus teriflunomide […]
Patrick Vermersch, EAN 2021: Tolebrutinib in Patients with Progressive Multiple Sclerosis: Phase 3 PERSEUS and HERCULES Trials
It was a pleasure to meet with Patrick Vermersch (University of Lille, Lille, France) to discuss the use of tolebrutinib in patients with progressive multiple sclerosis. The abstract entitled: ‘BTK Inhibitor Tolebrutinib in Patients With Progressive MS: Design of Phase 3 PERSEUS and HERCULES Trials’ was presented at the 7th Congress of the European Academy […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchNEUROLOGYSign me up!