Bianca Weinstock-Guttman (Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Science, University of Buffalo, NY, USA) shares highlights of her presentation entitled: Effectiveness and safety of ocrelizumab in patients with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis who had a suboptimal response with prior disease-modifying therapy: 2-year findings from CHORDS (ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02637856).
1. What are the potential advantages of ocrelizumab in patients with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (MS) compared to other disease-modifying therapies? (0:05)
2. Could you tell us a little about the aims and design of the CHORDS study? (1:03)
3. What have been the 2-year efficacy and safety findings of this study, and what was the rate of malignancies in ocrelizumab-treated patients? (2:33)
4. Which patients are likely to benefit most from ocrelizumab and in whom is it contraindicated? (3:32)
5. What will be the next step in the clinical development of ocrelizumab? (4:25)
Speaker disclosure: Bianca Weinstock-Guttman reports receiving grants and/or personal fees from Biogen, EMD Serono, Novartis, Genenech, Malinckrodt, Abbvie and Celgene.
Support: Interview and filming supported by Touch Medical Media.
Filmed at the 6th Congress of the European Academy of Neurology (EAN) and 1st EAN Virtual Congress, May 2020.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Multiple Sclerosis
Patrick Vermersch, EAN 2021: Future Treatment Paradigm of Multiple Sclerosis
It was a pleasure to meet with Patrick Vermersch (University of Lille, Lille, France) to discuss the future developments expected in the treatment paradigm of multiple sclerosis. The abstract entitled: ‘BTK Inhibitor Tolebrutinib in Patients With Progressive MS: Design of Phase 3 PERSEUS and HERCULES Trials’ was presented at the 7th Congress of the European […]
Patrick Vermersch, EAN 2021: Tolebrutinib in Patients with Progressive Multiple Sclerosis: Phase 3 PERSEUS and HERCULES Trials
It was a pleasure to meet with Patrick Vermersch (University of Lille, Lille, France) to discuss the use of tolebrutinib in patients with progressive multiple sclerosis. The abstract entitled: ‘BTK Inhibitor Tolebrutinib in Patients With Progressive MS: Design of Phase 3 PERSEUS and HERCULES Trials’ was presented at the 7th Congress of the European Academy […]
Lawrence Steinman, EAN 2021: Hot Topics in Multiple Sclerosis
It was a pleasure to meet with Lawrence Steinman (Zimmermann Professor of Neurology & Neurological Sciences, and Pediatrics, Beckman Center for Molecular Medicine, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA) to discuss some of the hot topics and research trends in the field of multiple sclerosis for 2021/22. Question: What are the hot topics and latest research […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchNEUROLOGYSign me up!