In conjunction with the European Parkinson’s Disease Association (EPDA), we had the pleasure of meeting with Prof. K Ray Chaudhuri to discuss sleep issues among people with Parkinson’s Disease.
The discussion highlights the appropriate diagnosis of sleep disorders, intervention strategies, practical advice for healthcare professionals, patients and caregivers, and the impact of sleep issues on the day to day lives of people with Parkinson’s Disease.
- Non-Motor Symptoms Questionnaire (NMSQ): MDS NMSQ, Parkinson’s UK NMSQ
- Parkinson’s Disease Sleep Scale (PDSS-2)
- How common are sleep issues among people with Parkinson’s disease (PWP)? (0:36)
- What is the impact of these issues on the day to day lives of PWP? (1:46)
- What reasons for sleep issues have been identified among PWP? (4:57)
- What should a healthcare professional look out for when diagnosing sleep issues in a PWP? (7:45)
- When should a healthcare professional consider referring PWP with sleep issues to a mental health professional – or any other specialist? (9:12)
- What medical and surgical interventions may aid sleep in PWP and in whom should these be considered? (11:36)
- What is the most practical or useful sleep advice a health care professional can give to a Person with Parkinson’s? (15:11)
Disclosures: Prof. K Ray Chaudhuri has nothing to disclose in relation to this video.
Support: Interview and filming supported by Touch Medical Media. Interview conducted by Katey Gabrysch.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Parkinson's Disease
Heinz Reichmann, EAN 2021: OPTIPARK Study Findings
We were delighted to meet with Heinz Reichmann (Technische Universität Dresden, Dresden, Germany) to discuss the key real world findings from the OPTIPARK study, investigating the use of Opicapone in the treatment of Parkinson’s disease. The abstract entitled: ‘Opicapone in Parkinson’s patients with motor fluctuations and complications of therapy at baseline: the OPTIPARK study’ was presented […]
Heinz Reichmann, EAN 2021: Levodopa-based Drugs in the Treatment of Parkinson’s Disease
We were delighted to meet with Heinz Reichmann (Technische Universität Dresden, Dresden, Germany) to discuss the use of levodopa-based drugs for managing Parkinson’s disease. The abstract entitled: ‘Opicapone in Parkinson’s patients with motor fluctuations and complications of therapy at baseline: the OPTIPARK study’ was presented at the 7th Congress of the European Academy of Neurology […]
Stephen Pasternak, AD/PD 2021: Phase 2 trial Investigating Ambroxol as a Treatment for Parkinson’s Disease Dementia
It was a great pleasure to speak with Stephen Pasternak (University of Western Ontario, Ontario, Canada) to discuss the phase 2 trial investigating ambroxol as a disease-modifying treatment for Parkinson’s Disease dementia. The abstract entitled ‘Ambroxol as a Disease-modifying Treatment for Parkinson’s Disease Dementia: A Phase 2, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial’ was presented at The […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchNEUROLOGYSign me up!