- promote all aspects of sleep research and sleep medicine
- improve the care for patients with sleep disorders
- facilitate the dissemination of information regarding sleep research and sleep medicine
- publish the Journal of Sleep Research (JSR) and the Sleep Medicine Textbook
- organise scientific meetings and events, including our biennial Sleep Europe Congress
- promote training and education to facilitate continuous learning
- issue fellowships, grants and awards to support various activities
The ESRS aims to integrate all important European players with an interest in sleep research and sleep medicine at the basic and medical, as well as graduate and postgraduate level, including individual researchers, National sleep societies, and patient organisations.