Parkinson’s Europe (Formerly European Parkinson’s Disease Association (EPDA) is the only European Parkinson’s umbrella organisation. We have been championing and working with the global Parkinson’s community for nearly 30 years.
As the leading voice for Parkinson’s in Europe, we provide trusted information; advance and share good practices; raise awareness and improve understanding of the condition; and facilitate research collaboration.
Our vision is that people with Parkinson’s and their families have access to the highest standards of treatment, support and care they need to live a full and comfortable life.
Today, as the leading voice for Parkinson’s in Europe, we provide information and resources to all Parkinson’s stakeholders, raise awareness of the disease’s complexities and impact, and advocate for concrete policy change that benefits the Parkinson’s community.
- We engage and connect with the Parkinson’s community across Europe and the globe to champion collaborations and partnerships, help develop solutions to unmet needs, and raise awareness of the impact of the disease with decision makers.
- Through our online library – the biggest in Europe – we provide up-to-date information, research andresources for Parkinson’s stakeholders to educate, advise and share good practices.
- We represent our members: national Parkinson’s associations that collectively have more than 120,000 individual members across Europe, and that work hard to advocate for the rights and needs of more than 2 million people with Parkinson’s, their families and carers.
- We provide an authoritative voice on the impact of Parkinson’s across Europe and advocate for policy change that benefits the European Parkinson’s community.
Our strategic goals:
To provide people with Parkinson’s, their families and caregivers the right information at the right time to help manage their treatment, care and wellbeing.
To help advance good practices in treatment, care and wellbeing by acting as a hub for the exchange of information between local, national, European and global organisations operating in the field of Parkinson’s.
To facilitate better understanding of Parkinson’s among healthcare professionals and political decision makers – and to highlight gaps/discrepancies that exist in treatment and care.
To support and facilitate collaboration between people with Parkinson’s and those stakeholders involved in clinical research.
- EPDA COVID-19 INFORMATION & RESOURCES
- EPDA New survey focused on late-stage Parkinson's and awareness about treatment options
- Results of 2020 Survey focused on drooling (sialorrhea)
- Parkinson’s Life podcast: ‘Best Global Audio Campaign of the Year’ Global Content Awards 2020
- Keep ON Moving - Online Exercise Programme
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchNEUROLOGYSign me up!