Raquel Gil-Gouveia, EAN 2022: Highlights in headache and migraine – Treatment advances, strategies for prevention, Anti-CGRP use in migraine, COVID-19
Headache is one of the most common nervous system disorders. In an interview with touchNEUROLOGY, Dr Raquel Gil-Gouveia (Hospital da Luz, Lisbon, Portugal) summarizes the ePoster session she chaired at EAN 2022, ranging from topics such as how COVID-19 has impacted on young people with headaches, the potential of new treatments such as eptinezumab and atogepant, strategies for prevention of cluster headaches, and the use of anti-calcitonin gene-related peptide monoclonal antibodies in migraine.
- What has been the effect of the COVID-19 pandemic on young people with headaches, and has this led to over-medication during the pandemic? (00:22)
- For people who have had unsuccessful prior treatment, eptinezumab appears to improve patient-reported outcomes; how can physicians use these findings in routine practice? (01:45)
- Long-term safety and tolerability data for atogepant in the prevention of migraine were discussed in your session; how do you interpret these findings? (02:30)
- What insight into the prevention of cluster headaches emerged from your session at EAN 2022? (03:27)
- How could symptom severity correlate with response to anti-calcitonin gene-related peptide monoclonal antibodies in migraine, and could this be used to predict treatment efficacy? (04:31)
The ePoster session titled Headache 1 took place at the European Academy of Neurology Congress 2022, 25–28 June 2022.
Disclosure: Raquel Gil-Gouveia has nothing to disclose in relation to this video interview.
Support: Interview and filming supported by Touch Medical Media. Interview conducted by Lisa Glass.
Filmed as a highlight of EAN 2022.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Headache Disorders
Stewart Tepper, AAN 2023: Atogepant for the preventive treatment of chronic migraine: results from the PROGRESS phase 3 trial
Prof Stewart Tepper (Geisal School of Medicine – Dartmouth, Hanover, NH, USA) summarizes the pivotal results of the PROGRESS phase 3 trial, evaluating the efficacy, safety, and tolerability of atogepant for preventive treatment of chronic migraine (CM). This study has very important clinical indications for the use of G pants in prevention of migraine. Atogepant […]
Atogepant for preventive treatment of chronic migraine, PROGRESS phase 3 trial: Richard Lipton, AAN 2023
Atogepant represents a relatively new class of medications called CGRP receptor antagonists, which have shown efficacy in preventing migraines. The PROGRESS phase 3 clinical trial assessed the efficacy of atogepant, an important new oral treatment option for the 8% of people with migraine who live with chronic migraine. Prof. Richard Lipton (Albert Einstein College of Medicine, […]
Stewart Tepper, AAN 2023: Results from the PRODROME trial of ubrogepant for the acute treatment of migraine
Prof Stewart Tepper (Geisal School of Medicine – Dartmouth, Hanover, NH, USA) shares one the most exciting presentations from the 75th AAN Annual Meeting, 2023. The results of the PRODROME study represent a paradigm shift in headache management and the data are a very exciting advance for headache and migraine specialists. Ubrogepant for the Acute Treatment […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchNEUROLOGYSign me up!