“Migraine is a common and complex brain disorder that affects 10 million people in the UK, impacting their ability to work, relationships and mental health. It’s poorly understood by the public and even many health professionals, and there are challenges around diagnosis, care and access to the right treatment. ” – Rob Music, CEO, The Migraine Trust
Rob Music, CEO, The Migraine Trust, joins touchNEUROLOGY to discuss and report on a recent parliamentary event held about improving migraine care: ensuring patient-focussed diagnosis and treatment in the UK. He discusses migraine diagnosis issues, preventative therapies, access to care, and future recommendations from The Migraine Trust.
- Report: State of the Migraine Nation, Dismissed for too long: Recommendations to improve migraine care in the UK
- What are the major challenges in diagnosing migraine and how long do people typically wait to obtain a diagnosis? (0:09)
- What feedback have you had from patients in terms of access to specialist care and newer drugs, particularly preventative therapies? (1:30)
- Why do you think these problems in migraine healthcare have occurred? (2:55)
- What are the recommendations of The Migraine Trust on how these problems can be addressed? (4:23)
Disclosures: Rob Music has nothing to disclose in relation to this video interview.
Support: Interview and filming supported by Touch Medical Media. Interview conducted by Katey Gabrysch.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Headache Disorders
Peter Goadsby, EAN 2023: Highlights in migraine
In this touchNEUROLOGY interview, editorial board member Prof Peter Goadsby (King’s college Hospital, London) highlights two presentations from the annual European Academy of Neurology (EAN), July 1–4, 2023, in the field of migraine; the first by Klein et al. looking at a new potential biomarker of visual snow syndrome, and the second a presentation that he […]
Peter Goadsby, EAN 2023: Highlights in headache disorders
In this touchNEUROLOGY interview, editorial board member Prof Peter Goadsby (King’s college Hospital, London) provides an overview of his top three most important clinical trial data and hot topics presented at the annual European Academy of Neurology (EAN), July 1–4, 2023, in the field of headache disorders. He highlights two important presentations using calcitonin gene-related peptide […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchNEUROLOGYSign me up!