Stefan Evers (University of Münster, Germany), a valued member of our European editorial board, discusses the management of headache disorders with a focus on the new anti-calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) monoclonal antibodies.
1. What has our experience with ergotamine derivatives and triptans taught us about the pathophysiology of migraine? (0:04)
2. What is the rationale for targeting calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) in the management of headache disorders? (0:43)
3. Which patients are most likely to respond to anti-CGRP monoclonal antibodies and in which patients should they not be used? (1:25)
4. What factors influence your choice of the currently available anti-CGRP monoclonal antibodies? (2:22)
5. What are the possible long-term safety concerns of anti-CGRP monoclonal antibodies? (3:01)
Speaker disclosure: Stefan Evers has nothing to disclose in relation to this video interview.
Filmed at the 5th Congress of the European Academy of Neurology (EAN), Oslo, Norway, June 2019.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Headache Disorders
Serena Orr, AHS 2021: Stress and Peak Pain Severity in Chronic Migraine
We had the great pleasure of meeting with Dr. Serena Orr (Hotchkiss Brain Institute, University of Calgary, Calgary, Canada) to discuss the relationship between peak pain severity in chronic migraine, and its relationship to stress. The abstract ‘The Relationship Between Perceived Stress and Peak Pain Severity in Individuals with Chronic Migraine: A Longitudinal Cohort Study […]
Andrew Blumenfeld, AHS 2021: Combination use of OnabotulinumtoxinA and CGRP mAbs for Chronic Migraine
We had the great pleasure of meeting with Andrew Blumenfeld (Director, Headache, The Neurology Center of Southern California, Carlsbad, CA, USA) to discuss the combination use of onabotulinumtoxinA and CGRP mAbs in the treatment of chronic migraine. The abstract ‘Combination use of onabotulinumtoxinA and CGRP mAbs in the treatment of chronic migraine’ was presented at […]
Richard Lipton, AHS 2021: COURAGE Study Results
touchNEUROLOGY met with Richard Lipton (Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA) to discuss the COURAGE study results investigating the Migraine Buddy Application. The abstract ‘Combining UbRogepAnt and Preventives for MiGrainE (COURAGE) Study Using the Migraine Buddy Application: A Novel, Entirely Remote Design for Collecting Real-world Evidence’ was presented at the American Headache Society […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchNEUROLOGYSign me up!