We took the opportunity to catch-up with valued editorial board member, Angelo Antonini (University of Padova, Veneto, Italy). He shared an overview of one of the plenary sessions he participated in considering the recognition and treatment of complications in the later stages of Parkinson’s disease.
1. Describe the clinical profile of patients with late stage Parkinson’s disease (PD)? (0:05)
2. What is the optimum method of managing motor and non-motor fluctuations and dyskinesias in late stage PD? (1:36)
3. What behavioural, cognitive and psychiatric symptoms may occur in later stages of PD? (3:49)
4. What factors should be considered when optimising the medical management of psychiatric/cognitive disorders in patients with PD? (6:08)
5. What are the most common axial problems affecting gait in late stage PD, and how can these be treated? (7:22)
Speaker disclosure: Angelo Antonini has nothing relevant to disclose in relation to this video interview.
Filmed at the International Congress of Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorders (MDS), Nice, France, September 2019.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Parkinson's Disease
Angelo Antonini, EAN 2023: Highlights in Parkinson’s disease
touchNEUROLOGY editorial board member Prof. Angelo Antonini (Padua University Hospital, Italy) provides an overview of his top three most important updates and hot topics from the annual European Academy of Neurology (EAN), July 1–4, 2023, in the field of Parkinson’s disease. He particularly focusses on new insights in early detection of the disease before motor symptoms […]
Highlights from EAN 2023!
Veronica Clark, Parkinson’s Europe: Presidential Update, and the Parkinson’s Manifesto for Europe
The European Parkinson’s Disease Association (EPDA) recently changed its name to Parkinson’s Europe. They are the only European Parkinson’s umbrella organisation and have been working with the global Parkinson’s community for nearly 30 years. As a leading voice for Parkinson’s in Europe, they provide trusted information; advance and share good practices; raise awareness and improve […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchNEUROLOGYSign me up!