It was great to meet with valued editorial board member Murat Emre (Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey), who shared his expert insight of dementia in Parkinson’s disease, covering prevalence, risk factors, diagnosis and treatment.
1. What proportion of patients with Parkinson’s disease will go on to develop dementia (PDD)? (0:05)
2. What are some of the most typical symptoms? (0:45)
3. Many risk factors have been described for PDD, please could you outline some of the key environmental and genetic risk factors? (1:41)
4. Clinically, how do you diagnose PDD and exclude confounding factors and other explanations for cognitive impairment? (2:54)
5. Please describe how you manage patients with PDD. (4:30)
6. What unmet treatment needs are there for patients with PDD? (6:07)
Speaker disclosure: Murat Emre has nothing relevant to disclose in relation to this video interview.
Filmed at the International Congress of Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorders (MDS), Nice, France, September 2019.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Parkinson's Disease
Heinz Reichmann, EAN 2021: OPTIPARK Study Findings
We were delighted to meet with Heinz Reichmann (Technische Universität Dresden, Dresden, Germany) to discuss the key real world findings from the OPTIPARK study, investigating the use of Opicapone in the treatment of Parkinson’s disease. The abstract entitled: ‘Opicapone in Parkinson’s patients with motor fluctuations and complications of therapy at baseline: the OPTIPARK study’ was presented […]
Heinz Reichmann, EAN 2021: Levodopa-based Drugs in the Treatment of Parkinson’s Disease
We were delighted to meet with Heinz Reichmann (Technische Universität Dresden, Dresden, Germany) to discuss the use of levodopa-based drugs for managing Parkinson’s disease. The abstract entitled: ‘Opicapone in Parkinson’s patients with motor fluctuations and complications of therapy at baseline: the OPTIPARK study’ was presented at the 7th Congress of the European Academy of Neurology […]
Stephen Pasternak, AD/PD 2021: Phase 2 trial Investigating Ambroxol as a Treatment for Parkinson’s Disease Dementia
It was a great pleasure to speak with Stephen Pasternak (University of Western Ontario, Ontario, Canada) to discuss the phase 2 trial investigating ambroxol as a disease-modifying treatment for Parkinson’s Disease dementia. The abstract entitled ‘Ambroxol as a Disease-modifying Treatment for Parkinson’s Disease Dementia: A Phase 2, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial’ was presented at The […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchNEUROLOGYSign me up!