Peter Goadsby (Professor of Neurology, Headache Group, King’s College Hospital, London, UK) discusses erenumab for the prevention of migraine, including the rationale, findings and clinical implications of the LIBERTY study.
1. Could you tell us a little about erenumab and its advantages compared with current oral preventative therapies in migraine? (0:12)
2. What clinical evidence has led to the positive CHMP opinion for erenumab for the prevention of migraine? (0:44)
3. What was the rationale for the LIBERTY study? (1:24)
4. What were the efficacy and safety findings of this study? (1:50)
5. What are the implications of these findings for clinical practice? (2:40)
Speaker disclosure: Peter Goadsby serves as a consultant for Amgen, Novartis, Eli Lilly, Teva Pharmaceuticals, Alder Biopharmaceuticals and Allergan.
Filmed at the 4th Congress of the European Academy of Neurology (EAN), Lisbon, Portugal, June 2018.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Headache Disorders
Peter Goadsby, EAN 2023: Highlights in migraine
In this touchNEUROLOGY interview, editorial board member Prof Peter Goadsby (King’s college Hospital, London) highlights two presentations from the annual European Academy of Neurology (EAN), July 1–4, 2023, in the field of migraine; the first by Klein et al. looking at a new potential biomarker of visual snow syndrome, and the second a presentation that he […]
Peter Goadsby, EAN 2023: Highlights in headache disorders
In this touchNEUROLOGY interview, editorial board member Prof Peter Goadsby (King’s college Hospital, London) provides an overview of his top three most important clinical trial data and hot topics presented at the annual European Academy of Neurology (EAN), July 1–4, 2023, in the field of headache disorders. He highlights two important presentations using calcitonin gene-related peptide […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchNEUROLOGYSign me up!