Stefan Evers, EAN 2019 – Targeting CGRP in the management of headache disorders
Stefan Evers (University of Münster, Germany), a valued member of our European editorial board, discusses the management of headache disorders with a focus on the new anti-calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) monoclonal antibodies.
1. What has our experience with ergotamine derivatives and triptans taught us about the pathophysiology of migraine? (0:04)
2. What is the rationale for targeting calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) in the management of headache disorders? (0:43)
3. Which patients are most likely to respond to anti-CGRP monoclonal antibodies and in which patients should they not be used? (1:25)
4. What factors influence your choice of the currently available anti-CGRP monoclonal antibodies? (2:22)
5. What are the possible long-term safety concerns of anti-CGRP monoclonal antibodies? (3:01)
Speaker disclosure: Stefan Evers has nothing to disclose in relation to this video interview.
Filmed at the 5th Congress of the European Academy of Neurology (EAN), Oslo, Norway, June 2019.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Headache Disorders
Stewart Tepper, AAN 2023: Atogepant for the preventive treatment of chronic migraine: results from the PROGRESS phase 3 trial
Prof Stewart Tepper (Geisal School of Medicine – Dartmouth, Hanover, NH, USA) summarizes the pivotal results of the PROGRESS phase 3 trial, evaluating the efficacy, safety, and tolerability of atogepant for preventive treatment of chronic migraine (CM). This study has very important clinical indications for the use of G pants in prevention of migraine. Atogepant […]
Atogepant for preventive treatment of chronic migraine, PROGRESS phase 3 trial: Richard Lipton, AAN 2023
Atogepant represents a relatively new class of medications called CGRP receptor antagonists, which have shown efficacy in preventing migraines. The PROGRESS phase 3 clinical trial assessed the efficacy of atogepant, an important new oral treatment option for the 8% of people with migraine who live with chronic migraine. Prof. Richard Lipton (Albert Einstein College of Medicine, […]
Stewart Tepper, AAN 2023: Results from the PRODROME trial of ubrogepant for the acute treatment of migraine
Prof Stewart Tepper (Geisal School of Medicine – Dartmouth, Hanover, NH, USA) shares one the most exciting presentations from the 75th AAN Annual Meeting, 2023. The results of the PRODROME study represent a paradigm shift in headache management and the data are a very exciting advance for headache and migraine specialists. Ubrogepant for the Acute Treatment […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchNEUROLOGYSign me up!