It was a great pleasure to catch up with Susan Hutchinson (Orange County Migraine & Headache Center, Irvine, CA, USA) to discuss her recent study evaluating the safety and tolerability of rimegepant in adults with CV risk factors, for the prevention and treatment of migraine.
The abstract entitled: ‘Oral Rimegepant 75 mg is Safe and Well Tolerated in Adults With Migraine and Cardiovascular Risk Factors: Results of a Multicenter, Long-Term, Open-Label Safety Study’ was presented at the American Academy of Neurology Virtual Annual Meeting 2021.
- What are the unmet needs in the treatment of migraine in adults with cardiovascular risk factors? (0:13)
- Could you give us a brief overview of the clinical development of small molecule CGRP receptor antagonists for migraine prevention and treatment? (1:01)
- Could you please describe your recent study evaluating the safety and tolerability of rimegepant in adults with CV risk factors? (1:40)
- What were the findings of this study and what are their implications for clinical practice? (3:32)
- What does the future migraine treatment landscape look like? (4:46)
Disclosures: In the past two years, Susan Hutchinson has served as a consultant/advisory board member for Alder/Lundbeck, Allergan/AbbVie, Amgen, Biohaven, Currax, electroCore, Impel, Lilly, Novartis, Teva, Theranica, Upsher-Smith; and is on the speaker’s bureau for AbbVie, Amgen, Biohaven, electroCore, Lilly, Lundbeck, Novartis, Teva, Theranica and Upsher-Smith.
Support: Interview and filming supported by Touch Medical Media.
Filmed as a highlight of AAN Annual Virtual Meeting 2021.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Headache Disorders
Peter Goadsby, EAN 2023: Highlights in migraine
In this touchNEUROLOGY interview, editorial board member Prof Peter Goadsby (King’s college Hospital, London) highlights two presentations from the annual European Academy of Neurology (EAN), July 1–4, 2023, in the field of migraine; the first by Klein et al. looking at a new potential biomarker of visual snow syndrome, and the second a presentation that he […]
Peter Goadsby, EAN 2023: Highlights in headache disorders
In this touchNEUROLOGY interview, editorial board member Prof Peter Goadsby (King’s college Hospital, London) provides an overview of his top three most important clinical trial data and hot topics presented at the annual European Academy of Neurology (EAN), July 1–4, 2023, in the field of headache disorders. He highlights two important presentations using calcitonin gene-related peptide […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchNEUROLOGYSign me up!