Christopher Glisson (Mercy Health Hauenstein Neurosciences, Michigan, USA) kindly took the time to talk us on the topic of his update session at AAN on pediatric neuro-ophthalmology.
- What are the particular challenges of paediatric as opposed to adult neuro-ophthalmology? (0:04)
- What are the most commonly seen optic neuropathies in childhood? (0:47)
- What is the typical presentation of optic neuritis in children? (1:11)
- What further tests should be performed in children following a diagnosis of optic neuritis to assess the likelihood of development of multiple sclerosis? (1:42)
- What other neuro-ophthalmic manifestations of systemic disease are seen in pediatric patients? (2:30)
- What are your highlights of the AAN 2019 meeting so far? (2:56)
Speaker disclosure: Christopher Glisson has nothing to disclose in relation to this video interview.
Filmed at the American Academy of Neurology (AAN) Annual Meeting, Philadelphia, USA, May 2019.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Paediatric Neurology
Ingrid Scheffer, AES 2020 – Long Term Efficacy and Safety of Fenfluramine in Patients with Dravet Syndrome
We were delighted to talk to Ingrid Scheffer (The University of Melbourne, The Royal Children’s Hospital and Austin Health, Victoria, Australia) regarding the open-label extension study of fenfluramine in patients with Dravet syndrome (Clinical Trial Identifier: NCT02823145). The abstract ‘Efficacy and Tolerability of Adjunctive FINTEPLA (Fenfluramine Hydrochloride) in an Open-Label Extension Study of Dravet Syndrome […]
Kelly Knupp, AES 2020 – Fenfluramine for the Treatment of Seizures Associated with Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome
We caught up with Kelly Knupp (University of Colorado, Anschutz Medical Campus, Children’s Hospital Colorado, CO, USA) to discuss the use of fenfluramine for the reduction of seizures associated with Lennox-Gastaut syndrome. (Clinical Trial Identifier: NCT03355209). The abstract ‘Efficacy and safety of FINTEPLA (fenfluramine) for the treatment of seizures associated with Lennox-Gastaut syndrome: a randomized, […]
DSUK – Dravet Syndrome in the COVID-19 Pandemic – Webinar with Professor Helen Cross OBE
Video produced by and shared with kind authorisation of Dravet Syndrome UK (DSUK). Professor Helen Cross OBE is a globally-recognised authority on Dravet Syndrome and Chair of DSUK’s Medical Advisory Board. On Monday 30 March, she took part in a webinar for families registered with DSUK, presenting on COVID-19 and answering a range of questions. […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchNEUROLOGYSign me up!