Megan Hunter, Rare Disease Day 2022: Living with myasthenia gravis – A journey to diagnosis
Megan Hunter is living with myasthenia gravis (MG) and joins us for Rare Disease Day to discuss her initial symptoms, the journey to diagnosis and the treatment regimen that followed. She also discusses her coping strategies and the impact that treatment and living with MG has had on her life. Megan reminds us that every person’s MG story is unique, which is why it is so important for every patient’s story to be heard.
Touch Medical Media is supporting Rare Disease Day (28 February 2022) to shine a light on healthcare inequalities for people living with rare diseases, focusing on patient quality of life and the difficulty of diagnosing patients early.
- When were you diagnosed with myasthenia gravis and what were your first signs and symptoms? (0:32)
- What impact has myasthenia gravis and its treatment had on your life? (1:42)
- Are there any coping strategies you would like to share? (2:20)
Disclosures: Megan Hunter has nothing to disclose in relation to this video.
Support: The production of this video was supported by Touch Medical Media.
Other content available in support of Rare Disease Day includes:
- Said Beydoun: Understanding myasthenia gravis and the impact on patients’ quality of life
- Jackie Palace: Improving diagnosis and treatment of neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder
- Shekita Green: Living with neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder (NMOSD) – A patient perspective
- Damara Ortiz: The impact of Pompe disease and the importance of newborn screening
- Ethan Crough: Living with achondroplasia – Celebrating diversity and increasing awareness
- Spero R Cataland: Acquired thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura – Risks, complications and the impact on daily life
- Richard Keen, Rare Disease Day 2022: Rare bone diseases – Diagnosis, management and patient quality of life
Share this Video
Related Videos In Rare Diseases
Lisa Sarfaty: Help support Rare Disease Day
Our society partner, NORD (The National Organization for Rare Disorder) has planned several initiatives to support this year’s Rare Disease Day on 28 February. These activities are aimed at raising awareness about rare diseases and the challenges faced by people living with these conditions. In this video, Lisa Sarfaty, NORD’s VP of Communication and Engagement, […]
Lisa Sarfaty: Exploring and addressing inequities in rare diseases
Rare diseases can present numerous challenges for those living with these conditions and the healthcare professionals caring for them. In this interview we discuss some of these with Lisa Sarfaty, VP of Communication and Engagement for NORD (The National Organization for Rare Disorders) and explore ways in which they could be tackled. Questions Could you […]
Francesco Saccà, EAN 2022: Improving quality of life for patients with generalized myasthenia gravis – ADAPT trial findings
The ADAPT trial (NCT03669588) supported US Food and Drug Administration approval of efgartigimod alfa-fcab in generalized myasthenia gravis. Dr Francesco Saccà (University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy) discussed the findings of the study, in terms of health-related quality-of-life outcomes. Questions: 1. What are the current challenges in managing cases of generalized myasthenia gravis? (00:14) […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchNEUROLOGYSign me up!